If you want to make a great impression at work, giving your boss gifts that are thoughtful is a way to strengthen your relationship. The best gifts for boss perfectly fit whatever is being celebrated, whether it’s a work anniversary, retirement, or other occasion. You can make a boss gift even more meaningful by personalizing it, adding the name of the receiver or of your company to the gift.
There are endless gift ideas for boss that are classy, special, useful, and memorable. Consider some of these situations to give your manager a token of your appreciation that makes a lasting impact.
When You First Begin a Position
When you’ve been offered a desirable position at a company you’ve applied for, chances are good your boss probably played a part in you getting the position. You can show that you’re looking forward to working with your boss with a small but thoughtful gesture, by giving your boss a functional gift that shows you value being able to collaborate with them. Some ideas include:
- Leadership Compass Notepads: Most professionals are always in need of good paper to jot down notes on. Giving your boss notepads with beautiful artwork on them like these will remind you of them whenever they use them.
- Teamwork Dream Work Blender Bottle: Perfect for staying hydrated with water during the day or for blending a quick breakfast shake at the office, a team-themed bottle shows you’re happy to be a part of the team.
- Excellence Definition – Athena Journal: Journals are highly prized items for bosses, who can use them for personal exploration or as a classy note-taking device.
Gifts for your boss don’t have to cost a fortune to make a great impact. Something that is beautiful yet functional is a boss gift they’ll treasure.
When Your Boss Is Celebrating a Special Occasion
From birthdays to work anniversaries, be a part of a celebration by giving a boss gift. Your co-workers might be doing the same thing, so making sure you’re covered by shopping for gifts for your boss ensures you’re not the only one who doesn’t give them something. You can even collaborate with co-workers to find gifts for boss from the whole team. Consider items like:
- World’s Greatest Boss Ceramic Mug: Every time your boss takes a sip from this 15-ounce mug, they’ll remember they have employees like you who care about them.
- Thanks for All You Do Tech Accessories Kit: This thoughtful and unique gift powers up your boss with tech they need to stay working on the go.
- Keepsake Glass Box: Personalize this special gift with your boss’s name. They can use it to hold anything that is meaningful to them.
Gifts like these are totally appropriate and mean a lot to a boss on a special day. Your boss might even use them at home, which extends the meaning of your work relationship further.
When You’re Leaving Your Boss
If you’re moving on to a position with a different company, if you’re retiring, or if your boss is leaving or retiring, cement the significance of your relationship with gifts for your boss. Just because you aren’t working together any more doesn’t mean your connection has to end. A gift can be a lasting token of your appreciation. Gift ideas for boss in situations like these include:
- Thank You Book: This motivational book is full of messages centering on gratitude, which are important in whatever role your boss finds themselves in.
- Personalized Crystal Wine Cradle: This stunning wine cradle almost doubles as a work of art, and is something your boss will love displaying in their home.
- Sapphire Crystal Clock: Perfect for a desk or to keep at home, this clock has a beautiful personalized touch that adds extra meaning to the gift.
Former bosses can serve as references and referrals in the future, or even become great friends or mentors. Show them you care with a gift.
Boss Gifts Should Come From the Heart
Because your boss is such a significant part of your work life, and your career is such a meaningful portion of your overall life happiness, having a great partnership with your boss can have rewarding benefits for your whole life. Don’t settle for generic gifts when it comes to giving something to your boss. Aim for a gift that speaks to your boss’s tastes or personal interests, to show you are invested in them just as much as they are in you.
Whenever you need great gift ideas for boss, be sure to visit the boss gifts section on the Successories site. We have hundreds of unique gifts to choose from at a variety of price points, and we’re always updating our selection to provide you with the best boss gift choices. Shop now to give your boss something they’ll appreciate.